This accessibility statement applies to https://europa.sps.ed.ac.uk
This website is run by Edinburgh Europa Institute. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
A range of accessibility enhancements are offered via the tab at the top right of all pages.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Contact page: http://europa.sps.ed.ac.uk/contact.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Edinburgh Europa Institute is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- There exists a failure for WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.5.3 – Label in name.
- There exists a failure for WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 – Info and relationships.
- There exists a failure for WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 – Name role value.
- There exists a failure for WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.4 – Orientation.
Non accessible content
We are not claiming that fixing any accessibility issues will be a disproportionate burden.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. By September 2023, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages or accessible documents.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on September 2020. It was last reviewed on 9 December 2022.
This website was last tested on 9 December 2022. The test was carried out by CAHSS support staff.
- our main website/platform, available at http://europa.sps.ed.ac.uk/
Other parts of the website, available at :
Automated Testing Statistics
[Note: these statistics are based on the number of guidelines of each conformance level that have failing tests rather than the total number of tests since each guideline has multiple tests. A conformance level A failure is more severe than a level AAA failure but the number of tests for each conformance level is not equal.]
- Conformance level A guideline pass rate: 76.92%
- Conformance level AA guideline pass rate: 76.92%
- Conformance level AAA guideline pass rate: 76.92%
This accessibility statement was automatically generated and was created using the sample format defined by the UK Government (2 April 2020 edition). The user of this system should ensure that the statement is accurate and fill in the required sections. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the accessibility statement.